Thursday, April 16, 2009
NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO (Buddhist Chanting)
Nichiren,a Japanese Buddhist priest (1222-1282) declared that all of the benefits of the wisdom contained in 'Lotus Sutra' can be realized by chanting NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO.
The meaning of the mantra is
* NAM- Devotion,
* MYOHO- The mystic law (law of life),
* RENGE- Of Lotus,
* KYO- The teaching itself (of Budhha)
Please hear the Year tube video posted above,this will help you to chant in the correct way.After that you may please view other 'You Tube 'Videos also relating to Daimoku.
* Sit on a chair or on the floor,keep your eyes open and focussed on a blank wall to avoid distraction.
* Clasp your hands together in the same way as you do while praying.
* Before starting,fix your mind on some thing you want to achieve(What ever it may be).
* You can chant at a speed of 1 Daimoku per second or 40 Daimoku per minute.Choose the speed you feel comfortable with.
Ideally it has to be chanted twice a day 10-15 minutes each.
Just stick to it and feel the difference.